Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Homeschool Prep






I am getting so excited to start our school year! We are using Ambleside this year. That's a curriculum based on the Charlotte Mason method. We will be doing A LOT of reading classic literature, and observing nature and the world around us as the core of our school work. We will be reading Aesops Fables, Kipling's Blue Fairy Book, 50 Stories Retold, and A Child's Garden of Verses, among many others. We will be studying birds. We will be studying the art of John Singleton Copely, and the music of Franz Josef Hadyn. Additionally we will use Progressive Phonics  and Easy Peasy Math.

 I have a calendar all set for September and all the books and supplies. Woot! I <3 Homeschooling :) Just have to assemble the lesson plan for French lessons :) (Yes. I speak French.) Of course, my children already know some phrases just from being my children, but I figured 1st grade was a good time to start more formal learning. So we will begin with the alphabet. I found this during my search for fun resources:


Obviously Ratounet is French Canadian :D I plan to set goals for the year and more concrete lesson plans for each month.

I spent time this afternoon trying to get everything prepared for the school year....and my six year old lost her laptop. Seriously? So I suppose step 1 is FIND THE SIX YEAR OLDS LAPTOP!!! Then I can load the links to things we will use on there.

As for the little ones, we will mostly unschool. I do plan for a more "formal" lesson two days a week for them. Mostly cutting, coloring, tracing, etc. And of course Homeschool Co op begins in just over a month. That's very exciting! My three year old will begin to attend the preschool class. All very exciting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment