Tuesday, May 1, 2012

CISPA Vote

http://techland.time.com/2012/04/30/the-breakdown-who-supports-cispa-and-who-doesnt/

Here is the link to how each representative voted. If your rep voted for CISPA tell them they won't get your vote this election:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll192.xml

I'm not pro, but this is what I wrote to my own Congressman....can you tell I'm upset?....

Dear Congressman (Walden),

I was very upset to hear that you had voted yes on HR 3523. It was imperative to vote no, or at the very least insist on the amendment proposed by Reps Barton and Markey to ensure our own liberties are preserved. While national security is a noble cause, liberty must always come before safety. This bill, as you have voted to pass it, does nothing to preserve our liberties. As it is not prudent to have, as a national representative, someone who does not take such matters seriously, I cannot in good conscience vote for you in this current election. I understand you are running uncontested. This certainly had some sort of weight on how you voted. However, it doesn't prevent me from writing in someone else, and encouraging all citizens I know to do the same. "Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Follow up: I wrote in Drew Lamb in place of Congressman Walden. I'm sure there are enough establishment Republican to re-elect Wallden this round, but next time I'm hoping he's going to get pink slipped. Oregonians - we have to make sure this man does not run unopposed AGAIN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment